Friday, August 27, 2010

Strawberry Cupcakes & Jolly Soda

I combined two recipes...

And for the frosting I used grouprecipe.com yogurt and whipped cream frosting.

For the batter, the recipe suggested us to use strawberry pop soda which I've never seen or recognized before. I went to Walmart and couldn't find it. Finally I found this kind of soda at Market Basket, it is a local product from our neighbour's state, Maine. I love the vintage design of the package.

Strawberry Pop Soda


This kind of soda reminds me of old style of beverage in my country, we call it "limun".

Strawberry Pop Soda


I used golden vanilla super moist cake mix, I love the taste of the batter but the result was not as I expected, may be next time I will stir some strawberry puree to give more strawberry taste. But so far the cupcake turned good, moist and not too sweet. I was worry because the added soda is sweet.

Cupcake Recipe :
1 box vanilla cake mix (follow the instruction from the box, use strawberry soda instead of water), I used 4 eggs instead of 3 eggs.

Frosting recipe :

Ingredients
1 container strawberry yogurt (32 oz)
1 package heavy whipping cream (32 oz)
1 tbsp sugar
1 envelope unflavored gelatine

Direction
Sprinkle gelatine into 4 tbsp cold water, let sit for few minutes then heat it until dissolve.
Whip the cream and yogurt until thickened but not stiff. Put the mixer on high slowly drizzle gelatine into the cream until well blended. Refrigerate to make it set.
Put into piping bag, and ready to use for frosting the cupcake.

Strawberry Cupcake

I still have one bottle of soda left...I offered my husband "Jolly soda", just simply mix the condensed milk with cold soda and stir it.

HowtoMakeJollySoda

Usually I make Jolly soda (soda gembira) using red Fanta or Coke or just plain carbonated water.

Jolly Soda


















No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like :

Related Posts with Thumbnails