Monday, August 9, 2010

KERUPUK PULI (Javanese rice crackers)

"Krupuk, kerupuk, or kroepoek in Indonesia; keropok in Malaysia; kropek in the Philippines; bánh phồng tôm in Vietnam; is a popular snack in parts ofEast and Southeast Asia. Krupuk are deep fried crackers made from starch and other ingredients that usually give the taste. " (Wikipedia.org)

Raw Material Krupuk Puli (Thin rice crackers)

K
erupuk Puli is one of many variations of kerupuk. I got this crackers from my friend who came from East Java, Madiun City. The starch for this crackers is from rice. I prepare this crackers by deep frying the raw kerupuk. Once the crackers deep into hot oil, it will expand and form the crunchy form of crackers. If we want to reduce oil in our intake, we also can use microwave to cook it. The time to cook kerupuk in the microwave depends to what kind of kerupuk we use. Many times kerupuk will not expand perfectly they still have hard part remain , but for Kerupuk Puli Burung Walet, I was surprised, though I was using microwave it taste good and crunchy in all part. Three pieces kerupuk need one minute to cook in high setting.

Though I live in US. I noticed Indonesian kids who are born in US, they also like kerupuk. One day, a little girl came to my house, and her eyes was staring at something in my kitchen. Finaly, she came to me, " Aunty, can I have the kerupuk please"...Oow..she saw my crackers :-)

Kerupuk Puli (Rice crackers)


We can enjoy kerupuk as snack or as condiment for rice entree, gado-gado (vegetable salad with peanut sauce) and many other kind of food.



Krupuk Puli (Rice Crackers)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like :

Related Posts with Thumbnails