Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Crustless Cranberry Pie

Fall season has arrived...
Fall color is always be my favorite.
My son also loves the crunchy sound of the leaves and plays with them.



taken by my husband from his cellphone

taken by my husband from his cellphone

As autumn is coming,  we can find cranberries  every where.
We are new to cranberries, my husband thought it can be eaten directly.
But apparently the fresh one is different than the dried one.



Cranberry has tangy flavor that should be balanced by creaminess or sweetness.
I browsed cranberry cake, cranberry pie, cranberry tart...etc.
Finally I decided to make Crustless Cranberry Pie from allrecipes.com. From more than 500 reviews, this recipe gets 4.5 stars.
Super easy to make and the result was soooo gooood....
I think we can substitute cranberry with strawberry, blueberry or other fresh fruit.


This recipe is for 9 inches pie : Original Recipe from Allrecipes.com

1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup white sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups cranberries
1/2 cup chopped walnuts  --- i skipped this
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 eggs
1 teaspoon almond extract --- i use vanilla extract, I ran out of almond extract


Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 9 inch pie pan.
2. Combine the flour, sugar, and salt. Stir in the cranberries and the walnuts, and toss to coat. Stir in the butter, beaten eggs, and almond extract. If you are using frozen cranberries, the mixture will be very thick. Spread the batter into the prepared pan.






3. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 40 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.



No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like :

Related Posts with Thumbnails