Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Black Sweet Rice Cake

Last time in Indonesia, I bought ready to use black sweet rice flour.
When I was still in junior high school. My mom used to make the flour from the rice.
We bought the rice and brought them to a grinder store at traditional market.
Sometimes we need to dry the flour under the sun before we use it to make the cake.
So it is very convenient to have ready to use black rice flour (Tepung Ketan Hitam - Indonesia Language).

ready to use black sweet rice flour

When I made this cake, my mind was flying to my mom.
I used her recipe. Still remember her voice, "Jane, semua ukurannya 1/4 kg" (Jane, all the ingredients are 1/4 kg ). The cake will be little bit dense but still moist and soft.




Ingredients :

1/4 kg eggs (it's about 4-5 eggs)
1 tsp of emulsifier
1/4 kg white sugar
1 cup melted margarine or vegetable oil
1/4 kg black rice flour

Method :
1. Preheat oven to 350 F, grease one bundt cake pan.
2. In a large bowl beat eggs, sugar and emulsifier until fluffy.
3. Add  melted margarine or vegetable oil, stir until well blended.
4. Add the flour gradually, do not over stir.
5. Spread the batter into the pan.
6. Bake for  25-30 minutes, until the wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean.




I really enjoy this cake ...I love it.  Especially the memory behind this cake is never be forgotten.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like :

Related Posts with Thumbnails