Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thanksgiving Lunch Preparation

I never imagine, I will prepare meals for Thanksgiving.
It started when our neighbor gave us a big turkey plus some canned and boxes groceries for making side dish, dessert, etc. I feel like I'm American :-)
It will be a second time for us to have turkey at home. Last year the same person who gave us turkey who seasoned the turkey and we just roasted it. But this year, I have to prepare it by my self...Little bit nervous...
This afternoon I started browsing recipe, base on rating and my preference.
(on the left, my son is playing with some boxes and can ^_^)

I came up with this plan :

PERFECT ROAST TURKEY ..recipe taken from foodnetwork.com, recipe courtesy Barefoot Contessa Parties! 2001

TURKEY GRAVY recipe taken from foodnetwork.com, addapted from Food Network Kitchens How to Boil Water, Meredith, 2008

GREEN BEANS WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS AND ALMONDS recipe courtesy Tyler Florence, but I will cut almonds...may be will add wonton strips for crunchy texture. I still cannot eat any nuts due to my son's allergy reaction.

SCALLOPED POTATO GRATIN recipe corutesy Tyler Florence
I will use my 5 lbs potatoes, and left over half and half in my fridge instead of heavy cream.

STUFFING, just follow the recipe on the box of stuffing for chicken. I will add apple, corn and sausage.

BROWNIES WITH ICE CREAM...I will use ready to use brownie mix. Slice brownies plus ice cream, top with maraschino cherries.

Hopefully the recipes I chose are good...And of course I added with a prayer..."Oh help me God...bless the work of my hand." :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like :

Related Posts with Thumbnails