Saturday, November 13, 2010

Pumpkin Cake

I still don't want to end this fall season...
Still enjoying the last foliage around my house.

End of Fall 2010

Only several trees with yellow leaves still remain. Some of the trees have lost their leaves which give sign of winter will be coming soon.

Under Yellow Leaves

After walking around the house, I still want something with "pumpkin" to use the remain pumpkin puree. And to celebrate the end of my fave season. My mom loves to make pumpkin cake using fresh pumpkin. She will steam the pumpkin and make the cake from it. I searched my files, I couldn't find my mom's recipe.
So I tried to make it base on my memory and feeling.
The cake is so dense, I want it fluffier... but anyway it's still good for my sweet tooth.
I will call my mom and ask the exact recipe :-)
Here's my modification recipe

Wet ingredients : 1 cup of canola oil, 2 cups of pumpkin puree, 3 eggs, 2 cups sugar --mix using whisker.
Dry ingredients : 2 cups flour, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp baking soda

I mix wet ingredients and dry ingredients until well blend.
Bake it 350 F for 45 minutes.

Pumpkin Cake From the Oven


I think because I used pumpkin puree from can which is denser than the fresh pumpkin, I need to whisk the eggs with my hand mixer to give more airy texture to the cake...

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like :

Related Posts with Thumbnails