Friday, July 2, 2010

Indonesian Popsicle (Es Mambo)

SUMMER is HERE!!!...
I do enjoy ice cream during summer time.
But since last April, I found out my baby has allergic reaction to many kind of food.
One of them is dairy product (milk, cheese).
That causes me to restrain from ice cream this summer.
I'm thinking what kind of ice can replace ice cream for me.
How if I make my own ice cream using coconut milk as the cream.
But I remember I have some special plastic bags for making Popsicle Indonesian style that have not been used yet.
I made it from mung bean, palm sugar, coconut milk (I will post this kind of Popsicle separately). And I also made some other flavor from yogurt (of course they are not for me), I'd like to make it for barbecue party next Monday.
For strawberry yogurt flavor, I used just strawberry flavor yogurt with real fruit in it, and blend it using my regular blender. Just fill the small plastic bag with the mixture, bind the edge of the plastic really tight, and put them in the freezer.

The Way I fill the plastic bag


For the mocca flavor, I mixed plain yogurt with mocha pasta, instant coffee milk, sugar.

MOCHA YOGURT POPSICLE


Indonesian Style Mocca Yogurt Popsicle (Es Mambo)
STRAWBERRY YOGURT POPSICLE

Indonesian Style Strawberry Yogurt Popsicle (Es mambo)
......it is fresh, cool and yummy...the way you enjoy it..tear the edge of plastic use your teeth :-) (where there's no bind), bite and suck the ice...slurrppppp....




No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like :

Related Posts with Thumbnails