Thursday, July 22, 2010

Homemade Durian Ice Cream

I haven't had any ice cream for two months...
Hello...it's summer :-)
Since I have to be really careful choosing what I eat due to my son's allergy, I can't have store bought ice cream which mostly contain milk.
I just made phone call to my mom in Indonesia, I remember she loves to make Durian Ice cream at home...and it was supper dupper yummy. I asked the recipe from her.
I was growing up in Indonesia, in a family who loves Durian...loves the strong smell of that king of tropical fruit :-)
So I decided to make it...

Ingredients : Durian according to your preference ( I use about 125-150 gram durian, Coconut milk 400 mL, Sugar 250 gram, Water 2 cup, Corn Starch 1 tablespoon.

Homemade Durian Ice Cream

Direction :
1. Make a simple syrup using the water and sugar.
2. Add coconut milk into the syrup.
3. In a blender, blend durian and some of coconut milk.
4. Let the coconut milk boil, and add no.3 . Let it boiled.
5. Add Dissolved corn starch (corn starch + 4 spoons of the mixture).
6. Stir it occasionally, until boiled. Cool it down.
7. Put in the container, freeze it.
8. Take the frozen mixture, beat it using hand mixer or hand blender until smooth. Put it back into the freezer. Do this step twice or three times to make it smooth and crush all the icy part.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like :

Related Posts with Thumbnails