Monday, June 20, 2011

Sweet Rice Porridge with Jackfruit & Toddy Palm

I learned making this Cambodian dessert from my friend at aerobic class 3 years ago. It's super easy but delicious, suitable for serving a crowd. I brought this dessert last saturday when I visited my friend at Swanzey NH, 2 hours driving from my house. It was fun, making new friends, enjoying delicious food together.

INGRIDIENTS :
3 cups sweet rice --- soak in water 2 hours or more
2 cans of coconut milk
water
sugar
salt
Pandan leaves 2-3
2 cans of Toddy Palm and Jackfruit

Photobucket

METHOD :
1. Cook sweet rice, coconut milk, pandan leaves and water ( I used 6 quart pan, it's about 3/4 pan). Cook until soft, stir occasionally so the rice will not be sticky on the bottom of the pan.
2. Add sugar and a pinch of salt. Taste , adjust according to your preference.
3. Drain the syrup from Toddy palm and Jackfruit can. Pour out the fruits on top of the porridge.
4. Serve it warm or cool. I prefer cool porridge...yummm....

Sweet Rice Porridge with Jackfruit & Toddy Palm

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like :

Related Posts with Thumbnails