Saturday, April 23, 2011

Food Can Bring Memories

Last year, on this date, my dad was brought to the hospital. And he had to be there for 4 months until he has to leave us forever. It's been a week I remember him more than usual. Too many sweet memories that we had together.

Many times food that we enjoyed together can bring all the memories back.
When I visited Bandung two months ago, my sister and I went to old bakery on Jl. Otista Bandung. They made the bread daily, without any preservatives and food additive. The taste of the bread is very 'natural' for me... Not to smooth ,but delicious. Just by seeing the old door and display, my mind was flying to my dad. He loves the bread from this bakery since 1967 when he moved to Bandung. He loves 'Roti Lima Rasa ( Five Flavour Bread) and Roti Frans Coklat ( Big Bread with Chocolate Filling).

Unfortunately, I didn't bring my camera with me. So I don't have the bakery building's pictures. After we arrived home, I tried to make a picture of Roti Frans Coklat...
Every time I see this picture, I remember my dad's love for his family, he was very happy when we enjoyed the food he brought home, one of them is this bread.

Roti Sidodadi



No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like :

Related Posts with Thumbnails