Thursday, March 18, 2010

Pandan Instant Cake




I still want have something for snacking.
So...instant cake mix is one of the choices for busy mom.
As I remember my mom's Pandan Cake (she always make it from scratch). I tried to modify yellow instant cake mix to be Pandan Cake by using Pandan Leaves Extract in a can (the amount of this extract is equal with the water that is suggested by cake mix instruction). The result is satisfying ... Pandan aroma and the fluffiness of the cake are just perfect :-)

Ingredients:

1 box instant cake mix (yellow cake)
1 1/4 cup Pandan leaves extract
1/3 cup canola oil
3 eggs
1/4 tsp Pandan Paste-- just for adjusting the tone of the green color


Directions:

1. Stir all the ingridients in a large bowl. Mix with slow speed mixer about 20 seconds, continue to mix using medium speed for about 2 minutes.
2. Pour out the batter into a greased bundt pan
3. Bake for 40 minutes, 350 F.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this! I was trying to see if anyone had tried to add pandan to just a box of cake mix - your post really helped! I think I'm going to top mine with cream cheese frosting though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi - Do you know where I can find Pandan Extract in a can (here in the US)? I live in Chicago. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

You may also like :

Related Posts with Thumbnails